We envision a world where each community member is able to bridge the gap between health and happiness by understanding the true nature of yoga, free from many of the recent and limited interpretations of the practice.
At Yoga Surya, we provide a high quality education, drawn from thousands of years of yoga traditions across the Indian subcontinent. We are committed to sharing the full meaning and purpose of yoga with our students, not limited to the practice of asanas, but also integrating essential and ancient yogic practices through our internationally certified yoga teacher training course and restorative yoga retreats. We want our students to develop the correct knowledge and methods to properly harmonize the mind, body, spirit, and emotions. Our mission is to spread the knowledge of traditional Ashtanga and Hatha Yoga as it was put forth by ancient sages and texts. By teaching the implementation of Vedanta philosophy in day to day life, Yoga Surya International promotes Yoga as a way of life, as a complete means to mental, physical, and spiritual growth, stability and insight. Rather than accumulating students, Yoga Surya aims to create teachers and conversant students to bring the message of Yoga to all.
- To conduct regular Teacher Training courses, intensive Yoga and Ayurveda programs and retreats to create a dedicated group of experienced teachers and students to spread this ancient wisdom.
- To teach and propagate Yoga way of life (Holistic Therapy Systems) that combine within itself the best of all ancient and modern therapies.
- To bring about awareness among members of different religious faiths, to whole heartedly accept and respect other religious teachings in the spirit of true universal brotherhood. Trained and well-experienced teachers in yoga discipline will carry the message of the teachings through seminars, workshops, yoga camps and spiritual retreats.
- To motivate and guide people who are willing to engage deeper and start their journey in Yoga and Ayurveda
- To serve mankind in a selfless spirit and all work to be done in a spirit of unity, brotherhood and growth with the motto of ‘Love, Care and Share’.
- To help people to free themselves from the three fold sufferings: physical ailments, mental disease and spiritual ignorance. To create a team of honest professionals and individuals from all walks of life to give an effective leadership, a well thought out plan of action on urgent social issues and to promote and enhance the quality of life.